Friday, April 30, 2010

Change and new life

New life has come to Cardinal Lane Farms!
A fish hatchery from Arkansas visits our local feed mill every spring
I always miss the opportunity to be there during that small time frame to purchase fish for my pond. This year I made the date and now the geese, frogs, turtles and other wildlife have new friends! Hopefully the catfish, bluegills, and bass will adapt to their new home. I look forward to having company as I sit by the pond and "ponder" upon many things. Today as I mowed the fields and yard around the farm I found myself detouring to circle the water and check on the newbies. Needless to say, the frogs were not happy with me. They constantly jumped into the water and croaked to let me know of their displeasure. George and Gertrude (geese) also were unhappy with my frequent visits. They however just moved to the pine trees and found a nice shady place for a nap. More work in store for tomorrow. If the rains hold off I can finish the mowing and then start work on the candle line for 2010.
Love and Prayers....Vickie



1 comment:

  1. Looking inside is the only true way to find the right answer for ourselves. Beautiful post my friend...I am having a rough afternoon today but with time it usually passes. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete